Please Note! Discover Michigan Skiing is officially over for 2020. However, some ski areas do continue it into February. We suggest you call the ski area you wish to go to in order to see if they are continuing the program or offer another learning program. (We do know that Pine Knob is continuing through the third week in February.)
Discover Michigan Skiing
During January, ski areas across the state teamed up with Michigan McDonald’s restaurants to offer an affordable introduction to the sport of skiing and snowboarding.
- $35 Downhill Skiing or Snowboarding
- $20 Cross-country Skiing
- ski or snowboard rental
- beginner lesson
- lift ticket or cross country pass
How to Register
1. Choose the ski area you want to visit from the list below.
2. Call the ski area to preregister. You can also register online at the ski areas with a blue name. Just click on the ski area name below.
3. Fill Out This Voucher and bring it with you. Make sure to arrive one hour prior to less on time to get equipment.
5. Discover Michigan Skiing!
Discover Michigan Skiing includes a beginner lesson, ski or snowboard rental equipment and a beginner-area ski lift pass or cross-country trail pass. Not sure what to wear? Check out the recommendations from REI here.
Want a to watch a video lesson before you get to the slopes? Here is a series of short videos to get you started. (We suggest skipping the ad at the start.)