Know before you go
We want your experience on the slopes to be an enjoyable one so before you leave home, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Check the COVID-19 policies of the ski area you are planning to visit. They may have important changes such as requiring reservations , specific parking instructions, time limitations, etc. Click on the logo of the ski area below to learn their policies.
- Make sure the whole family has face coverings! Face coverings are required indoors and out, when social distancing cannot be achieved – in lift lines, on lifts, in base lodge area and any other place where people congregate. NO EXCEPTIONS, PERIOD! Ski areas are requiring this for the safety of staff and customers. It is mandatory.
- Dress for the weather! Indoor access is limited.
- We suggest planning a trip to the slopes during off-peak times if possible.
- The demand for rental equipment is high! If you need equipment, make arrangements before you head to the slopes. Don’t dust off that old equipment unless you have bindings checked! You may want to rent from a ski shop nearby or have them check your old equipment. Check this page for a retailer near you.
- Please be patient and kind! We’ll get through this together if we all observe the rules our ski areas have put in place.
- Have fun, stay safe…Ski Well, Be Well!
Here is information from the Michigan Department of Health regarding ski area openings:
“Q: May ski facilities operate?
A: Yes, outdoor skiing areas are permitted to remain open (except for practice or competition by organized ski teams, which are not permitted to gather). Distancing measures, such as closing off seats on ski lifts, is encouraged. Gathering is not allowed in indoor facilities such as lodges and restaurants.”
Please see the table below for each ski area’s updated policies for COVID-19 precautions this season. Check back often, as we will update these links throughout the winter. Also, please read this document. Ski Well, Be Well!