MSIA Sustainability Certification Program
MSIA created its Sustainability Certification Program to enable our members to take part in ski industry sustainability efforts. MSIA’s Sustainability Certification Program is designed to be a map for its members to achieve sustainability success down the trail that is right for them. All MSIA members – Ski Areas, Ski Retailers, Ski Industry Manufacturers Reps and Associate members – can become Sustainability Certified because we have created categories for ski area members and non-ski area members.
- Applications are accepted annually and must be completed by April 1 each year. The results will be for the prior winter season. As an example, applications received by April 1, 2024, will be valid to receive the certification for the 2023/24 winter. However, you don’t have to wait until April to submit your application. We’ll accept them anytime you’re ready.
- Member properties receiving 30 points or higher receive certification. Those receiving 45 points or more are Black Diamond certified.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NON-SKI AREA SUSTAINABILITY CERTIFICATION APPLICATION (For Ski Shops, Manufacturer’s Reps, Associate Members)
An initiative can only be used once. As an example, if you recycle and provide recycle bins for customers and staff you can count this as “Recycling” under Managing Waste but you can’t double dip and also count this under Educate/Advocate/Lead as “Encouraging Employees and customers to embrace sustainability by making it easy for them to participate.”
What You Get:
MSIA members who achieve the Sustainability Certification will receive:
1. Recognition on the MSIA website and in our press release
2. A toolkit with the MSIA Sustainability Certification logo in the category attained.
3. Permission to use the logo on your website, in newsletters, on printed material, and in your advertising and marketing efforts. Sorry, in order to keep on the sustainable track, we are not printing door stickers.